Torkil Holm Symposium 2024
26 januari, 2024, 08:00 - 27 januari, 2024, 17:00
Eleven influential and distinguished chemists, including Danish Nobel Laureate, Professor Morten Meldal, will come to Copenhagen on January 26-27, 2024, for the internationally recognized biennial Torkil Holm Symposium: Visions in Chemistry.
The aim of the Torkil Holm Symposium is to bring together world leading experts from both academia and industry to present a broad range of topics within the field of chemical science.
The symposium will include presentations on organic synthesis, catalysis, materials science, sustainable chemistry, and chemistry at the interface to biology by world-class scientists.
On that note, we are proud to present the following speakers in first name alphabetical order:
- Dr. Blair Wood, Executive Director, Merck, USA
- Professor Emily Balskus, Harvard University, USA
- Professor Franziska Schönebeck, Aachen University, Germany
- Professor Hendrik Dietz, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Professor Laura Kiessling, MIT, USA
- Professor Mogens Brøndsted Nielsen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Professor, Nobel Laureate Morten Meldal, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Professor Omar Yaghi, UC Berkeley, USA
- Professor Paolo Melchiorre, University of Bologna, Italy
- Professor Tobias Ritter, Max Planck Inst., Mühlheim, Germany
- Professor Varinder Aggarwal, University of Bristol, UK
And a lecture by the winner of the 2024 Torkil Holm Prize.
As always the symposium provides an excellent environment for networking with some of the best in the chemistry field. This is furthermore promoted by scientific and social gatherings during appropriate breaks for discussion, including seated lunch breaks and a symposium dinner.
The conference is open to all and you are welcome to forward this invitation to others who might wish to participate.
The Danish Academy of Technical Sciences, ATV, wishes to thank The Torkil Holm Foundation for financial support. The late Dr. Phil. Torkil Holm was a distinguished emeritus in organic chemistry at the Technical University of Denmark.
Scandic Falkoner, Conference Center
Falkoner Alle 9, 2000 Frederiksberg
Includes breakfast and lunch on both conference days and the symposium dinner on January 26, 2024
Full rate participants: DKK 3,850
Graduate students: DKK 1,000
All amounts are excl. 25% VAT.
Payment and cancellation
Registration no later than January 10, 2024
It is not possible to pay by card. Our invoicing process will begin in November.
If cancellation is received later than January 10, 2024, the participation fee cannot be refunded.
Mette Gad from the secretariat at The Danish Academy of Technical Sciences.
Telephone: (+45) 51 96 59 55