Temadag i miljökemi riktad mot studenter och yngre forskare
Environmental chemistry perspectives on future challenges in the environmental sector
Chemicals are everywhere in our society; they sustain our quality of life but can be harmful to the environment and human health. The in-depth knowledge and understanding in the field of environmental chemistry is therefore required in a wide range of professions.
How can environmental chemists make a difference? And where are environmental chemists active today? Welcome to a workshop discussing the role of environmental chemists on a broad perspective, and challenges with chemicals in our society.
Where? Online. Attendance is free of charge.
When? 16 April 2021, 09:00-11:00
The program is split into two one-hour sessions, with 30 minutes for three speakers, followed by a 15 minute panel discussion and a 15 minute break.
Hosts: Patrik Andersson (Umeå University) and Jörgen Magnér (Kemikalieinspektionen / Swedish Chemicals Agency), Sektionen för miljökemi, Svenska Kemisamfundet / The Swedish Chemical Society.
Session 1 (09:00-10:00)
- Alina Koch, United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), “Old chemicals but still a future challenge: The elimination of PCB under the Stockholm Convention”
- Eva Weidemann, Umeå Energi/Umeå university, “Valorising Waste, a step towards circular economy”
- Kaj Thuresson, Swedish National Heritage Board, ”The confessions of a Cultural Heritage worker”
- Madeleine Öst, Swedish Environmental Protection Agency, “The challenge of implementing science through guidence and compliance”
Session 2 (10:00 – 11:00)
- Daniel Ragnvaldsson, Envix, “Commercialising environmental chemistry research for the elimination of pharmaceuticals in waste water”
- Georgios Giovanoulis, Swedish Environmental Research Institute IVL, “Analytical tools to estimate human exposure to anthropogenic organic chemicals present in the environment”
- Anders Enebjörk, NCC, “Chemicals and materials within construction sector from an environmental perspective”
Register here (attendance is free of charge)
Ja, jag vill delta på workshopen Environmental chemistry perspectives on future challenges in the environmental sector som arrangeras av Sektionen för miljökemi den 16 april 2021 kl 09:00-11:00.